When visiting the trekportugal.pt Site, cookies and other similar technologies (hereinafter “cookies”) may be installed in the User’s browser. In particular, such cookies are used to collect information regarding the User’s browsing.
The purpose of the cookies used by Trek Portugal is to provide for Site browsing and Service use, among other things.
The cookies that may be placed on the User’s terminal when browsing the Site have varying functions:
- Strictly required cookies are essential for using the Service;
- Functional cookies are primarily aimed at improving Site browsing and Service use;
- Advertising cookies provide for offering Users targeted advertising as well as limiting the number of times a User sees an advertisement or to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign;
- Service Provider cookies allow Trek Portugal to monitor actions on Service Provider links in order to manage its relationship with said Service Providers;
- Statistical cookies allow Trek Portugal to measure the audience for all or part of the Site and thereby establish statistics, volumes, and visitor origins.
Moreover, Trek Portugal installs social networking applications on Site pages allowing Users to share content with other people. Such applications may allow the social network to identify a User even if said User has not used the corresponding social network button if said User’s account with the relevant social network is open. As Trek Portugal is not in control of such applications or services, it is recommended Users become familiar with the confidentiality policies of such third parties, in particular in order to take suitable action as appropriate.
Users may oppose cookie installation and recording or configure their browser such that it announces when cookies are downloaded and asks the User for permission on a case by case basis.
Users are nevertheless informed that certain Site functional features may not be used or will operate in downgraded mode if the Users refuses cookie installation.