Visit the most famous Wine Estates and taste its delicious Port Wines.
Later, embark on this adventure through the Douro Valley on a river cruise and enjoy the majestic vineyards around you, loaded with grape bunches.
This tour is the perfect combination of Douro nature lovers that want to explore the natural beauty of the Douro valley.
Most of the Douro tours are focused on the most popular and crowded places, we will be focusing on the amazing landscapes, part of UNESCO world heritage, and bring you to genuine places in the deep interieor of the Douro Region – away from the crowds.
We will pick you up in Porto in our 4×4 and take you to the valley, where we start with a breathtaking view on the Miradouro of Casal de Loivos and visit the railway station of Pinhão where the 24 panels of tiles show us the hard work in the production of the precious néctar. A relaxed boat trip in the Douro river with enough time for observation all nature beauty, is going to open your apetite for the gastronomical lunch in one family local farm, where also you can see and feel all the process of the Port wine production – this visit is not created to show to tourists, but it’s the real and traditional way how the locals do it, naturally followed by the taste of the local nectar.
In the afternoon we will visit to the Bread and Wine Museum, and the traditional Favaio’s bakery, where you can learn by your self how to do the famous local bread.
DOURO VALLEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Discover one of the world’s oldest Demarcated Wine Region (since 1756) – Douro DOC.
- Visit local and genuine Douro Wineries with commented tastings of wines of excellence.
- Have a typical lunch in a family place with a vegetarian option (please indicate on reservation).
- Relax with a scenic cruise on the Douro River in Pinhão.
- Know the typical village of Favaios which presents a fantastic panorama of the landscape of the Douro.
- Also, fall in love with the imposing natural beauty of the Pinhao viewpoint!
- Small groups of 2 to 6 persons;
- Visit the most impressive viewpoint of the region.
- Pickup and drop-off in Porto
- River Cruise
- Local Gastronomy
- Wine tasting
- Walking in the Vineyards
- Local guide
SEND US AN EMAIL IF:
The day you want to book is not available
Your accommodation is not in Porto
You are in a large group or have a big family
You are looking for a private/Taylor-made tour
If you are a single traveller
If you don’t want to make a reservation by credit card.
Fall in love with the Douro Valley!
Min. 2 adults
max. 6 people
Reservation: email@example.com with name, date and nr. of people